Salad greens and radishes in the garden are at their peak, so salad is on the menu at least once most days. We’ll have to wait awhile for tomatoes and cucumbers. We often use nothing more than hot sauce (homemade fermented hot sauce is the best) for dressing.
I don’t often do recipes with enumerated ingredient amounts/measurements, but here is a dressing I put together today. It is a small batch to be used within a couple of days. The ingredients were:
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (one large lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon tomato powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seeds (crushed with mortar and pestle)
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch white pepper
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon powdered egg (pasteurized)
- 1 to 2 teaspoons “Honey 50” (honey/stevia blend)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
All the ingredients are “to taste” or to achieve desired consistency. Xanthan gum, added in pinches, could have been used in place of powdered egg and a different sweetener used to make it vegan.